The CompM5s™ is a high performance red dot sight developed to withstand extremely tough handling and environmental situations without adding much weight to the user’s equipment.
Aimpoint red dot sights are designed for the “both eyes open” method which greatly enhances situational awareness and target acquisition.
Thanks to the optical design the red dot follows the movement of the user’s eye while remaining fixed on target, eliminating any need for centering.
The CompM5s allows for unlimited eye relief and is compatible with Aimpoint 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers as well as all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD).
The battery life for the CompM5s is over 5 years of continuous use while at the pos. 7, more than 1 year of use at pos. 8, and more than 10 years at NVD settings (pos. 1 to 4).
- Mountable on MIL-STD 1913 Rail system/Picatinny rail
- Advanced optical lenses with a protective front window
- Low, AAA battery compartment
- Compatible with all generations of NVD
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers
- Excellent light transmission
- Extremely robust housing design, same ruggedness as the CompM4 sights with less weight
- Operable to a depth of 45 m (150 ft)
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Weight 235 g (8.3 oz) standard configuration, sight only 165 g (5.8 oz)
- ACET technology allows 50 000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- 4 NVD settings and 6 daylight settings
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
- Tested and complied for a range of MIL-STD 810G requirements
COMPLETE AND READY TO MOUNT
The standard configuration of the CompM5s contains the sight, an LRP mount and a spacer which gives 39 mm optical axis. The sight is also equipped with flip-up lens covers, the front lens cover is black and the rear transparent.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SIGHT
CompM5s sights can be customized according to your preferences and needs. Both the included LRP mount and spacer can be changed to meet the demands of your specific mission and equipment.
|Item No.: 200500|
|Operating principle: Reflex Collimator sight with LED|
|Optical magnification: 1x|
|Aiming dot size: 2 MOA|
|Dot intensity: Visible against a background luminance of 0,1 to 55 000 lx|
|Optical signature: No optical signature is visible at 10 meter distance, front side, on appropriate settings with NVD|
|Dot color: Peak Wavelength: 655 ± 15 nm|
|NVD compatible: Yes|
|Optical coating: Anti-reflex, all surfaces and multi-layer. NVD-Compatible.|
|Clear aperture: 18 mm (.71 in)|
|Eye relief: Unlimited|
|Battery type: One AAA size 1.5 V Alkaline LR03 or Lithium FR03|
|Battery life – Day time use: 5 years (50 000 h) of continuous use at pos. 7, more than 1 year at pos. 8 and more than 10 years at NVD-setting (pos. 1-4)|
|Power intensity: 4 NVD and 6 Daylight, of which 1 extra bright|
|Length sight only: 83 mm (3.3 in)|
|Length conf: 85 mm (3.3 in)|
|Width sight only: 40 mm (1.6 in)|
|Height sight only: 48 mm (1.9 in)|
|Height conf: 67 mm (2.6 in)|
|Weight sight only (incl battery): 165 g (5.8 oz)|
|Weight conf: 235 g (8.3 oz)|
|Housing material: High Strength Aluminum|
|Housing anodized: Yes|
|Material mount and spacer std conf: High Strength Aluminum|
|Material lens cover: Thermoplastic elastomer, black, non-glare finish|
|Surface treatment: Hard anodized, matte|
|Height of optical axis – sight and mount: 30 mm (1.2 in) measured from top surface of Picatinny rail|
|Height of optical axis – sight, mount and standard spacer: 39 mm (1.5 in) measured from top surface of Picatinny rail|
|Adjustment: Range ±1 m at 100 meters (±1 yds at 100 yds) in windage and elevation, 1 click = 10 mm at 100 meters = 8 mm at 80 meters = .36 in at 100 yds|