Buying a firearm online is simple. Just 3 easy steps:
- Select the firearm or frame you want and complete the checkout process on our site.
- Find an FFL dealer (Federal Firearms License) in your area: Contrary to what CNN will tell you, it is illegal for us to ship a firearm directly to you. Federal law requires us to ship to an FFL in your state of residence. Any gun store (and most pawn shops) in your area will have an FFL. Be sure to verify with them that they’re willing to accept the transfer and ask about any fees. Most shops charge $20-$50 for the service.
- Pick up your gun: Once the firearm comes in (we’ll send you tracking) your dealer will notify you that it’s ready to be picked up and you’ll fill out the Form 4473 and the dealer will perform the background check.
Here are a few tips on how to best arrange a firearms transfer with your FFL:
- Find an FFL dealer in your area. Gunbroker has an FFL search engine that you can use HERE
- Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a firearm or frame for transfer from Big Tex Outdoors
- Be sure to ask about their FFL transfer fees prior to shipment.
- If you agree to their fee, arrange the transfer with your FFL dealer. (We do not arrange the transfer)
- If they need a copy of our license, you can download it HERE
- Provide your dealer with our email ( [email protected]) so they can send us a copy of their FFL license.
- Once you have selected an FFL for your transfer, please indicate the dealers name (name on the FFL) in the order notes so we know where to ship your firearm. If you’ve already placed your order you can simply reply to the confirmation email with the FFLs info.
We cannot ship the firearm until we have a copy of their FFL license.
To Speed Up Your Order:
- Please type the dealers name and contact information, if available in the COMMENTS section of your order.
- Please include your ORDER NUMBER on any correspondence you or your FFL may send us.
It is best to locate a FFL dealer to transfer your gun before you place your order. However, you can place your order first and then provide us with your FFL dealer info before we ship. We will hold your order for about 4 business days to give you time to locate a dealer and arrange a transfer. If you need longer, just let us know and we’ll make a note on your order.
If you have questions or concerns please email us at [email protected] or log-in to the web site to access Live Chat. We will be happy to address your concerns.
Once the firearm is ready to be picked up at your FFL, Please INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY to make sure it is exactly what you ordered and that there are no defects with the firearm. If there are any problems whatsoever, DO NOT ACCEPT THE TRANSFER !! We will gladly have the firearm picked up and returned to us at our expense and provide you with your choice of a replacement or full refund.
Once you accept the transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement.